Directions to Urangan Harbour via Maryborough
Boarding is 15 minutes prior to departure
- Follow the Hervey Bay signs through Maryborough.
- Hervey Bay is approximately 35 KM from Maryborough.
- A large well-landscaped roundabout will indicate the beginning of Hervey Bay City and the beginning of Boat Harbour Drive.
- Follow Boat Harbour Drive for approximately 10 KM or 15 mins.
- You will pass through 5 roundabouts and 9 sets of lights.
- You will eventually reach the Esplanade; this will be indicated by a stop sign at the intersection of Boat Harbour Drive and the Esplanade.
- Turn left at the stop sign; you will be traveling along The Esplanade.
- You will go through the first roundabout (do not turn here even though it will point you to the marina at this roundabout)
- At the second roundabout take the second exit (the first exit says 'no entry') into the car park notified by P.
- You will be in the Great Sandy Straits Marina car park adjacent to Mantra Resort.
- Find a park here, it is free, (unless you park in the security park to your left, $11 per day or $5 for 4 hrs)) make your way through the terminal & down on to the Marina to check in at the Hervey Bay Whale Watch floating office, berth A1, then on to Quick Cat II or that's Awesome.
- If this car park is full, there is another one opposite the Boat Club & Mantra Resort & also one at the boat ramp & barge landing on the far side of the Boat Club. You can also park in the street with no time limit.
- Your boarding pass is available from the Ticketing Office at the bottom of the ramp on the floating walkway. EFTPOS available ( MasterCard or Visa accepted).
*An alternative route off the Hervey Bay-Maryborough road will eliminate the city.
- To take this route, after the Torbanlea/Bundaberg turn off on your left, take the next right (only a few hundred metres) & follow the Hervey Bay Airport sign.This is a back road & will take you past the airport (around 15klms).You will arrive at the roundabout, Woolworth's Plus Petrol Station to your left. (Elizabeth St) Turn right here to Urangan Boat Harbour. (Boat Harbour Drive)At the stop sign turn left.At the second roundabout take the second exit into the car park.
Great Sandy Straits Marina, Buccaneer Drive, Urangan