Experience the best of both worlds with an epic whale watching cruise and a thrilling helicopter flight over Hervey Bay. Get up close with majestic humpback whales aboard Quick Cat II as they frolic and play in their natural habitat, and then take to the skies for a bird's-eye view of the spectacular Great Sandy Straits. This unique and unforgettable adventure is the perfect way to make the most of your time in Hervey Bay.
Step aboard Quick Cat II on our Morning or Afternoon Whale Watch Cruise for an unforgettable experience spotting Humpback Whales in their natural habitat. Our knowledgeable crew will provide fascinating insights into their behavior and characteristics, while you take in stunning views of K'Gari (Fraser Island) and Hervey Bay's waters. Look out for dolphins, turtles, dingoes and seabirds along the way. Enjoy morning/afternoon tea as we explore the Great Sandy Straits & Platypus Bay - where our Humpback Whales come to play!
Please ensure all guests check in at our floating office at least 15 minutes prior to your Whale Watch Cruise departure time. Our floating office is located beside Quick Cat II, at the Great Sandy Straits Marina, near Cafe Balena.
If you experience unexpected delays, please call us on (07) 4128 9611.
The Hervey Bay Whale Watch team has been operating in the area for over 30 years, which has allowed them to become highly familiar with the conditions and preferences of their guests. To ensure the safety of their passengers, Quick Cat II will not leave the harbour in dangerous conditions. While some guests may not be bothered by rough conditions, the company is willing to reschedule cruises for those who are uncomfortable. If the weather is too rough to provide an enjoyable experience, our office staff will promptly notify guests of the cancellation and offer the choice of a refund or the opportunity to rebook for a calmer day.
While it's extremely rare for us to miss seeing whales during our cruises, it's can occasionally happen during the early or late parts of the season. To minimize the chances of this happening, we adjust our cruise start and end dates annually based on projected whale sightings, ensuring our guests have the best possible experience without any disappointment.
At Hervey Bay Whale Watch, we provide a guarantee that you'll see whales on your whale watch cruise. If, for any reason, we're unable to spot whales during your trip, your ticket remains valid for any of our upcoming whale watch cruises until we do see Humpback whales, subject to availability. We've always maintained this policy, and we even had one guest who waited 15 years to redeem their ticket!
Get ready for an unforgettable adventure as you take to the skies and marvel at the stunning beauty of Big Woody Island, Moon Point, and Pelican Banks from above. Admire the vibrant hues of the enchanting Local Islands and sand cays, and be on the lookout for diverse marine life as we take in breathtaking views of Urangan pier, Torquay and Scarness beaches, and the charming township of Hervey Bay on our return to base. Don't miss the magical view of Pelican Banks from above, especially during low tide! Departing from Hervey Bay Airport, this flight is suitable for anyone seeking an awe-inspiring experience.
Choose between a Morning or Afternoon Flight and the team at Great Ocean Helicopters will contact you to book in a time that suits you best.
The team at Great Ocean Helicopters have years of experience, thousands of safe flying hours and have great understanding of the impacts that all different weather conditions have in the sky.
We will never take off if we think the conditions are dangerous and we will advise you of the expected conditions before departure. Different people have different expectations, some people aren’t bothered by turbulence, but we want you to enjoy your experience with us so if it’s a rough day we are happy to re book your flight for a calmer day.
If we deem the conditions on the day to be too uncomfortable, we will advise you as soon as possible and that flight will be cancelled. You have the choice of a refund or to book for another flight.
Terms & Conditions:
- Passengers are required to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to departure time.
- Passengers are required to follow all safety instructions given by the crew and captain at all times.
- Passengers are responsible for their own personal belongings and any loss or damage is at their own risk.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited on board Quick Cat II & Calypso Hervey Bay
- Hervey Bay Whale Watch is not responsible for any injury or loss of property resulting from passenger misconduct or failure to follow safety instructions.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Hervey Bay Whale Watch reserves the right to refuse boarding to any passenger who appears to be under the influence of drugs or who poses a threat to the safety of the vessel and its passengers.
- No refunds will be provided for any missed tours or charters due to late arrival or non-compliance with the terms and conditions.
- Hervey Bay Whale Watch has a zero-tolerance policy towards rude or abusive behavior towards our staff. We ask that all passengers treat our staff with respect and courtesy at all times.
- Hervey Bay Whale Watch reserve the right to substitute another vessel at any time.
- Tour times may vary slightly dependent on conditions and distance travelled.
- Cruise may be cancelled or substituted at any time due to weather or tide conditions or if viable passenger numbers are not reached.